Islamic society of Northern Rhode Island.
40 Syales Hill rd, N. Smithfield RI 02896
NEWSLETTER ISSUE 8 Rajab/Sha’ban 1431 H / July 2010 ***
7 reasons to read the Glorious Quran
(1) Intimate: It dares you to disprove it. How? It says that humans cannot write a book like this even if they pooled all their resources together and got help also from the spirits. The Quran said this fourteen hundreds years ago and yet no one has been able to disprove it. Billions of books have been written – but not another one like the Quran.
(2) Incorruptible: It is the only religious sacred writing which has been in circulation for such a long time and yet remains as pure as it was in the beginning. The Quran was kept intact. Nothing was added to it; nothing was changed in it; and nothing was taken away from it ever since it was completely revealed 1400 years ago.
(3) Unsurpassable: The Quran is God’s final revelation to humankind. God revealed the Torah to Moses, the Psalms to David, the Gospel to Jesus, and finally the Quran to Muhammad. Peace be upon all of them. No other book will come from God to surpass his final revelation.
(4) Indisputable: The Quran withstands the test of time and scrutiny. No one can dispute the truth of this book. It speaks about past history and turns out right. It speaks about the future in prophecies and it turns out right. IT mentions details of physical phenomena which were not known to people at the time; yet later scientific discoveries confirm that the Quran was right all along. Every other book needs to be revised to accord with modern knowledge. The Quran alone is never contradicted by a modern discovery.
(5) Your Roadmap for Life and Afterlife: The Quran is the best guidebook on how to structure your life. No other book presents such a comprehensive system involving all aspects of human life and Endeavour. The Quran also points out the way to secure everlasting happiness in the afterlife. It is your roadmap showing how to get to paradise.
(6) God’s Gift of Guidance: God has not left you alone. You were made for a reason. God tells you why he made you, what he demands from you, and what he has in store for you. If you operate a machine contrary to its manufacture specification you will ruin that machine. What about you? Do you have an owner’s manual for you? The Quran is from your function for success lest you fail to function. It is a healing mercy from God. It satisfies the soul, and cleans the heart. It removes doubts and brings peace.
(7) Your Calling Card to Communicate with God: Humans are social creatures. We love to communicate with other intelligent life. The Quran tells us how to communicate with the source of all intelligence and the source of all life- the One God. The Quran tells us who God is, by what name we should address God, and the way in which to communicate with God. Are these not seven sufficient reasons for reading the Quran?
IQAAMAH TIMES FOR JULY 2010
Fajr= 4:30 AM
Zuhr= 1:15 PM
Asr= 6:30 PM
Isha= 10:15 PM
Note: The Iqamah above are current but it may change for all prayers except Zuhr as deemed necessary.
What’s happening at Masjid Al-Islam?
Hifz-ul Quran Class: The Hifz class at Masjid Al-Islam continues successfully. The class will remain open throughout summer. The students will get a Ramadhan and Eid break towards the end of the month of Ramadhan.
Evening Quran class: The evening Quran class continues to help students achieve the ability to read Quran properly with Tajweed. The timings are 5:30 to 6:30 PM.
Friday evening Hadith lectures series: Every Friday, a lecture of Hadith from the book of Imam Bukhari (R.A) is delivered for the benefit of people. The lecture begins at 7:00 PM followed by dinner. All brothers and sisters are welcome to join and benefit from the sayings of the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihe Wa Sallam.
Tuesday Tafseer-ul Quran lectures series: Every Tuesday, we learn the Tafseer of the Holy Quran. Our goal is to broaden our understanding of Quran and how it communicates with us, so we can become better Muslims by practicing on Quran. First Friday of the month dinner The first every Friday of every month is dedicated to the community gathering. Wherein, the entire community of Masjid Al-Islam comes together to share their thoughts with each other and enhance the Muslim brotherhood.
Masjid Al- Kareem fundraiser: Masjid Al- Kareem in Providence Rhode Island will be holding its annual fundraiser on July 10 2010 at Woonsocket Holiday Inn. All the brothers and sisters are encouraged to participate and help the Masjid.
One-Day Intensive Seminar Raising Righteous Children with Shaykh Faraz Rabbani: Saturday, July 10th, 2010 11am – 7pm Islamic Society of Boston Cultural Center 100 Malcolm X Blvd., Boston, MA 02120 $45 per person, $75 per couple This full-day seminar offers guidance based on the Qur’an and Prophetic example (may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and contextualizes their wisdom in light of modern day circumstances in addition to addressing the most pressing parenting questions. Have all your questions answered directly by a trained scholar and experience the impact of sound knowledge on raising children.
– Learn prophetic examples on how to respectfully teach sound values, manners and discipline.
– Learn how to become a compelling role model and effectively deal with parenting issues specific to living in the West.
– Understand the role, rights and responsibilities of both parents and children.
– Learn effective skills on how to nurture your children’s emotional intelligence and character Your children are one of your life’s biggest investments. Join us to learn CLEAR and PRACTICAL guidelines on this crucial topic. Register now at
Find our facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=123835240991342 For further information, please call 412-523-2168 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 412-523-2168 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Hadith of the Week
FIVE BEFORE FIVE: Narrated by Amr ibn Maymun al-Awdi Radhiallahu anhu Allah’s Messenger Sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam said to a man in the course of an exhortation, “Grasp five things before five others: your youth before your old age, your health before your illness, your riches before your poverty, your leisure before your work, and your life before your death.” (Tirmidhi)
Quotation of the Week
Reality and State of Mind – “I used not to take food with satisfaction for the last 16 years, as a full stomach makes the body heavy, makes the heart hard, increases sleep and renders a man lazy for Worship.” (Imam Shafi’i)
Three patients in a mental institution prepare for an examination given by the head psychiatrist. If the patients pass the exam, they will be free to leave the hospital. However, if they fail, the institution will detain them for five years. The doctor takes the three patients to the top of a diving board looking over an empty swimming pool, and asks the first patient to jump. The first patient jumps head first into the pool and breaks both arms. Then the second patient jumps and breaks both legs. The third patient looks over the side and refuses to jump. “Congratulations! You’re a free man. Just tell me why you didn’t jump?” asked the doctor. To which the third patient answered, “Well Doc, I can’t swim!”
Please contact Imam Ikram ul Haq if you wish to have any input in this newsletter
Mufti Ikram Ul-Haq