Mufti Ikram ul Haq is the resident Imam of Masjid Al-Islam in North Smithfield RI, USA and Mufti of Darul-Ifta of Rhode Island. Mufti Ikram ul Haq memorized the entire Quran at the age of eleven in a short period of just 13 months. Thereafter, he went on to study Islamic Shariah at the Institute of Islamic Sciences Islamabad, Pakistan, where he spent 6 years learning in depth, the sciences of Islamic Shariah including Arabic Grammar (Sarf, Nahw etc.) Tafseer, Hadith, Fiqh, and History of Islam.
After completing the course there, he moved to Buffalo, NY and graduated with an Aalim degree in 2002 from Al-Madania Institute of higher Islamic education. Thereafter, he went to Jamia Darul Karachi Pakistan and specialized in Islamic Fiqh under the direct supervision of some of the world’s prominent Muftis, including Justice Mufti Taqi Usmani, the Grand Mufti of Pakistan Mufti Muhammad Rafi Usmani, Mufti Mahmood Ashraf Usmani and Mufti Abdur Rauf Sakharwi. He graduated from Ifta course with a Mufti degree in 2005.
He has also received Ijaza in Hadith form many great scholars of Islam including, Hazrat Moulana Sarfaraz Khan Safdar (R.A), Hazrat Moulana Salimullah Khan Sahib, Hazrat Moulana Zahid ur Rashidi and Hazrat Moulana Sindhi.
Mufti Ikram is the author of the following books.
- Companion of Hajj (Translation of Rafiq-e Hajj By Mufti Muhammad Rafi Usmani)
- Islamic perspective of photography and pictures. (Translation of Taswir ke Ahkam by Mufti Taqi Usmani)
- Rulings of Shariah for issues of Muslims of the West
- A Practical Manual of Islam (in progress)
- Rulings of Zakah on Contemporary Issues (in progress)
Aside from being a resident Imam at Masjid Al-Islam, Mufti Ikram is passionately involved in activities outside the Masjid as well such as delivering lectures at various colleges and universities, participating in different religious meetings, providing invaluable religious advice to islamic schools, and participating in ineterfaith dialogue, to name a few.
Mufti Ikram is a member of the following committees and organizations:
– ICOP (Islamic Crescent Observation Project)
– ICORI (Imams’ council of Rhode Island)
-MCCRI (Masajid coordinating committee of Rhode Island)
-Founder and director of Fatwa Center of America (http://www.askamufti.com/)
– Straightway Ethical advisory (http://straightwayethical.com/about.php)